The School believes in a continuous & comprehensive assessment system, through short evaluation exercises, worksheets and tests.
Academic assessment has the following schedule :
- Nursery to Class I : Each student is assessed according to the level achieved in various skills and moves up according to his/her own abilities.
- Class II to class V: The school follows a two semester system. Continuous assessment is done through Unit Test, class review exercises and terminal evaluation. The conceptual knowledge gained in each term has a 50% weightage.
- Class VI to IX: The school follows the assessment structure given by C.B. S.E. that comprises of scholastic as well as co-scholastic evaluation. Each academic year has 2 formal exams, viz. Once at the end of term 1 and the second at the end of the academic session. The internal assessment comprises of Notebook maintenance, Subject Enrichment Activities and periodic testing in the form of the Unit Tests and Diary Report Tests.
- Class X: The school follows the assessment structure given by C.B.S.E. that comprises of scholastic and co-scholastic evaluation. The board would be conducting the final examination for class X which would bear 80% weightage while 20% weightage would be given to internal assessment. The internal assessment comprises of notebook maintenance, subject Enrichment Activities and periodic testing in the form of the units tests, 1st term Examination and Pre-board examinations.
- Class XI: The school follows assessment structure given by C.B.S.E. The assessment includes practical component also, as per the prescribed course by C.B.S.E. Evaluation aims at regularity and continuity.It is done through Internal Assessment, Unit tests and Terminal examinations.Weightage given to knowledge gained is 30% in the First Term and 70% in the second Term.
- Class XII: Assessment is done, keeping the Board result in mind. Regular evaluation is done on a weekly basis through Monday Tests, Terminal Examination and two PreBoard Examinations.
Scholastic Excellence Award
The aim of this award is encouragement and recognition of excellence. Those who reach the top echelon of this point system are recognised as Goenkan Laureates.
The eligibility criteria for this award is
- Class III to V : 90% and above in all subjects for 3 consecutive years
- Class VI to VIII : 85% and above in all subjects for 3 consecutive years
- Class IX to X : 85% and above in all subjects for 2 consecutive years (based on overall percentage)
- Class XI to XII : Same as above